Shopify is an all-in-one commerce platform that enables both small and large businesses to kick-start selling their products with ease. Easy to launch, easy to sell, and easy to scale!
Anyone can launch their products, sell them, and scale their customer base from anywhere in the world. Let’s dig deeper into the ten reasons why you will love Shopify for your business.
1. Quick & easy to set up & use
Shopify’s technology is designed to make your eCommerce experience easy and streamlined. Here are the steps to design your Shopify store, it’s quick & easy!
Step 1: Sign up for a 3-day free trial
Shopify gives you the opportunity to try out their ecommerce platform for 3 days at no cost.
Step 2: Get acquainted with the dashboard
Shopify dashboard is easy to navigate and manage. Once you log in to your store, you will be able to see this dashboard.
Step 3: Customize your website’s theme
With over 117 customizable themes, you can give your website a unique look. It has a variety of themes for specific industries like art & crafts, baby products, books, clothing, accessories, etc.
Step 4: Add multiple sales channels
Once you design a store, you can add multiple sales channels for maximum reach and exposure to your website. They might include;
- Shop Channel
- Google Channel
- Facebook, Instagram & Tiktok
Step 5: Add products
Once you design your store and connect it to multiple channels, it’s time to add your products. Make sure you add;
- Add a catchy title and optimize it
- Add high-quality products images
- Write clear product descriptions
- Optimize the copy
- Add meta tags
Step 6: Set up payments
With convenient and secure payment options available, you can set up your preferred method to pay.
Step 7: Add a domain
Connect your own domain or purchase a new one through Shopify.
Step 8: Get your site ready to go live
Once everything is ready, make sure everything is in order before you make your store public.
Step 9: Pick a plan and make your store public
Upgrade to a paid plan according to your needs and make your store public to start selling.
Step 10: Customize and improve functionality with Shopify apps
Enhance your store’s functionality with over 8,000 free or paid apps available on Shopify.
2. Built-in SEO Tools
Shopify has built-in SEO tools that help store owners optimize their online stores for search engines. One of these tools is the automatic generation of XML and robot files.
By automatically generating these files, Shopify makes it easy for store owners to implement basic SEO best practices, without the need for technical knowledge.
Customizable Title and Description
Shopify allows users to set custom title tags and meta descriptions for each product, collection, and page on the website.
Shopify provides a clean and easy-to-understand URL structure that is optimized for search engines.
Alt tags for images
It helps search engines understand the images used on the website by allowing users to add alt tags for each image.
3. Access to Customer Insights
Shopify helps businesses understand their customer base better by offering insights include:
- Customers over time. Shopify tracks customers over time to see growth and changes in customer behavior.
- First-time vs returning customer sales. It analyzes sales from first-time vs returning customers to see the impact of repeat purchases.
- Customers by location. Shopify understands customers by location to target marketing efforts and identify regional trends.
- Returning Customers. It analyzes returning customers to see what drives repeat business and how to increase loyalty.
- One-time customers. It also analyzes one-time customers to identify any potential issues or areas for improvement.
- Customer cohort analysis. Then, it conducts a customer cohort analysis to see how customer behavior changes over time.
- Predicted spend tier. It uses data to predict a customer’s spending tier and tailor marketing efforts accordingly.
When you have Shopify plus, you will be able to have access to the following important statistics:
- At-risk customers. Shopify creates targeted campaigns to engage and retain customers at risk.
- Loyal customers. It identifies and rewards the most loyal customers.
4. Unlimited Scalability
With unlimited scalability, Shopify helps businesses grow and scale at large through the following ways:
- Ensures your online store can handle high traffic volume and sales spikes without any interruptions or crashes.
- Saves your team time and effort by making sure that your site and business processes are optimized for growth and increased resources.
5. Abandoned Cart Recovery
According to the research, 69.57% of online shoppers abandon their carts. Simply put, out of the 100 customers who add items to the cart, 70 of them do not make the purchase. But with Shopify, you don’t have to worry about it.
Shopify offers the following options to recover abandoned carts:
- Review your abandoned checkouts. Shopify analyzes every abandoned checkout, identifies reasons, and assesses its impact on the store’s revenue.
- View payment events from an abandoned checkout. It tracks the payment events of a specific abandoned checkout and looks for any payment issues that prevented the sale from going through.
- Manually email a customer a link to their abandoned checkout. It personalizes the email and offers incentives to encourage the customer to complete the purchase.
- Email a link to their abandoned checkout. It automatically sends out emails to customers who abandon their carts, using dynamic variables to personalize the email.
- Abandoned checkouts email report. It generates a report of all abandoned checkouts and refines your email strategy accordingly.
6. Automation and customization
The real power of Shopify comes from its automation and customization features, which include:
- Shopify Flow. This is a tool that allows store owners to automate certain tasks, such as sending emails, updating inventory, and fulfilling orders.
- Launchpad. Launchpad allows Shopify store owners to schedule, launch, and manage promotions and other events from the dashboard.
- Shopify Scripts. This is a custom scripting tool that allows store owners to add custom functionalities to their Shopify store.
- Pre-set and Customizable Themes. Shopify offers a range of pre-set and customizable themes that store owners can choose from to create their online store.
7. Easy Product Management
The process of product management steps involves:
- Determines the target audience, and product categories, and creates a clear vision for the product management process.
- Creates a product management team and assigns responsibilities.
- Monitor and update product information and Shopify’s built-in analytics to track product performance.
8. 24/7 Support Available
You can get support from Shopify experts at any time. Shopify Plus assists you with the right talent to ensure your business growth. Shopify Plus offers four kinds of experts:
- Sales Consultants. They provide expert advice on how to maximize revenue and set up automated workflows.
- Solutions Engineers. They resolve every technical issue you may encounter with Shopify stores.
- Launch Engineers. They are experts in launching your Shopify stores and helping you migrate stores from another platform.
- Merchant Success Program. This program provides one-on-one consultations, and access to exclusive resources, and helps you navigate the Shopify platform.
9. Secure & Reliable
Shopify invests over $850,000 in ethical hacking experts to test for vulnerabilities in the platform. This makes Shopify a secure and reliable service for many ecommerce merchants.
- PCI compliance. Shopify is fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), ensuring that all sensitive customer payment information is securely handled and stored.
- Shopify’s Bug Bounty program. Shopify offers rewards to security researchers who find and report vulnerabilities in their platform. In 2022, Shopify increased its maximum bug bounty payouts to $100,000.
- Free SSL certificates for all Shopify stores. Shopify provides free SSL certificates for all stores, ensuring that all customer data and transactions are encrypted and secure.
- Security monitoring. Shopify continuously monitors their platform for potential security threats and ensures the reliability and security of all stores.
10. Multiple Payment Gateways
Shopify allows merchants to accept payments through multiple payment gateways. Some include multiple credit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay.
Think Shopify is for you? Eastmont Digital can help.
Are you thinking of selling your products on Shopify? Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Eastmont Digital. We have helped many top brands launch their stores and we can help you get your ecommerce business up and running in no time.